Notice: /home/bobbingw/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oik/admin/oik-admin.inc is deprecated since version 3.2.1! Use admin/oik-admin.php instead. Please use admin/oik-admin.php in /home/bobbingw/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4589
This short, silent video demonstrates the downloading of a backup file created by backwpup and testing that it’s a valid backup by inspecting the contents using 7-ZIP file manager.
- Login to website and navigate to the dashboard
- Choose BackWPup > Backups
- Select the most recent backup file to download
- Click on Download
- Choose the local folder for storing the backup
- Select Save to initiate the downloading
- Wait until the download is complete
- Open the backup. It should open in 7-ZIP file manager
- Explore the contents of the .tar.gz file; expand the .tar file – see that it contains your WordPress installation.
- This should be enough to confirm that the backup file can be used to recreate your website, in the state it was in when the backup was performed.
- backwpup installed on WordPress website
- backup previously run
- 7-ZIP file manager installed on PC and associated to .tag.gz file types