Deprecated: /home/bobbingw/public_html/wp-content/plugins/oik/includes/bw_posts.inc is deprecated since version 3.2.1! Use includes/bw_posts.php instead. Please use includes/bw_posts.php in /home/bobbingw/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4967
There are a multitude of plugins that you can use to create a backup of your WordPress site.
Steps for first install
- Install your chosen plugin and activate it
- Visit the plugin’s settings page; Tools > Backups or
- Define your choices
- Run a complete backup of database and files
- Download the .zip file
backwpup makes it very easy to run your first backup. backupwordpress makes it very easy to schedule regular backups. By default it performs a daily backup of your database and a weekly backup of your database & files. You can modify these schedules.
Each time you update WordPress
- Run a complete backup and download the zip file. See backupwordpress – perform a database/complete backup for screen captures
- Apply upgrades
- Run another complete backup and download the zip file
If you’re paranoid
If you’re bothered that installing the WordPress plugin could harm your site then you should run a cPanel backup first.
You might also want to read