Question: I’m being inundated with spam. Do you have a spam filter that can be run so that I don’t get to see it? Answer: Yes. If your site is hosted by tentahost then you will have access to a tool called SpamAssassin through your cPanel.
- Configure SpamAssassin using your cPanel.
- You also have account and user level filters.
- It is advisable to allow spamassassin to set up a spam folder.
- The spam folder will be created in each mail account that you set up when spamassassin detects what it thinks is spam.
- The mail is moved to this folder rather than deleted.
- It is then up to you to go through that folder, and move any “false positives” i.e. mail than is not spam back into the main inbox or other folders than you set up, then delete the unwanted spam.
Note that spam filtering is not perfect, so you must accept that some spam will get through, just as some legitimate mail will get trapped as spam. The main spam filters are constantly updated, However all such systems have to play “catch-up” with the spammers who constantly try to find ways to get through the filters, while the filter creators try to block the latest attempts…
Full name: Apache SpamAsssassin™
SpamAssassin is a mature, widely-deployed open source project that serves as a mail filter to identify Spam. SpamAssassin uses a variety of mechanisms including header and text analysis, Bayesian filtering, DNS blocklists, and collaborative filtering databases. SpamAssassin runs on a server, and filters spam before it reaches your mailbox.